With over 2.5 million cases worldwide coronavirus (COVID-19) virus has spread fast around the world. On 30 January, WHO declared the outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). On 11 March, WHO Director General characterized COVID-19 as a pandemic.
At the moment no travelling at all is recommended, and most flights have been cancelled. But once the crisis is over a good trip is a must.
Greece is the first holiday destination The Telegraph’s digital travel editor, Oliver Smith, intends to visit when the coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis ends.
Corfu was marked as one of the Best European Destinations once the Corona Virus crisis is behind us. But it is not the first time that Corfu Island has been rewarded as as one of the safest destinations in Europe.
For your next holidays, choose a destination that is less crowded & provides you with a breath of fresh air.
Arriving on Corfu island, you will be amazed by the astonishing beauty of this island. Corfu differs from all the other parts of Greece. It has a unique architectural structure influenced by the multiple civilizations that had visited the island through the years of history.
As a security measure, you can avoid large hotel complexes and prefer to book your tourist apartment, villa, B&B, guesthouse or a medium-sized hotel
As a visitor apart from the crystal blue water of the sea in different coast parts of Corfu, the multiple worth-seeing places and the historical monuments, don not forget to visit the Old Corfu Town center, with the Venetian houses and the narrow streets between them and have a coffee or a drink at the famous Liston.
• Always make sure that you have access to cash to cover emergencies and unforeseen delays. Carry with you several forms of payment.
• Be prepared to follow the recommendations of overseas local authorities.
• Be prepared to meet local isolation or quarantine needs and abide by the local health system.
• Read your travel insurance information carefully, and check that you are safe. If you are uncertain, please contact your insurer.
• Call your airline, travel service, cruise or other transportation and lodging provider to check for any changes related to the coronavirus.
• Make sure to have plenty of preparation in case you have to stay longer than expected abroad.
• Decide if you and those with whom you might be travelling can handle your travel logistics and financial disruption.
• Arrange extra assistance for family members, dependents or pets who may need treatment if they have to stay longer than expected abroad.
Book online a room for your next stay in Moraitika, Corfu with Nasos Hotel & Resort and live unforgettable experiences on Corfu Island – one of the most beautiful and coronavirus safe Greek islands! Our team is here to assist you with any booking changes. Be our next guest and enjoy your stay at our hotel for discovering one of the most fabulous areas of southern Corfu.